View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Have you gotten rid of too much?

lol I thought about this when I first started and I honestly thought that I would be looking for things like that and it would be frustrating but I can honestly say no, I haven't. I think the reason why is because my attachment to stuff just isn't the same, so I am not too bothered if I send a bowl home with someone with leftovers etc and it doesn't come back it's no big deal.
I have kept a small drawer under my sink cupboard which holds some older teatowels, towels, bits and pieces which I can grab to use for things like dh asking for a barbecue rag or whatever it is easy because it's not all over the house, I don't have to dig around cupboards for it, I know it's there and when I declutter I keep the "better looking" but excess things to put in this little drawer.
Also because I am constantly looking for things to declutter Lol I am not afraid to go and raid a drawer and grab an older sheet etc if I need it or something.
I also think for me because part of my motivation to declutter is to make my life easier and simpler I am not so into doing crafts and things as I used to be so there is less likelihood I will be looking for an old sheet to stick down for painting in the first place if that makes sense.