View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Getting Baby to STTN

The crib is not next to our bed anymore.
I can't ask my DH to get up with baby. he was done with the lack of sleep after #2. lol.
He will at some times, because he is already leaving the house at 5am - he will sometimes go to the gym late so I can get some sleep and rock DS to sleep if he is having a rough morning, etc. (like at 4:30 am, etc.)
but usually DH needs that sound sleep even if he gets woken or he doesn;t function well that day. it's like the lesser of the 2 evils since I am home all day.

I will try what you suggested. I don't ever nurse to sleep except I have always for those middle of the night feedings since he was a newborn, and then lately it happens because his nursing times will be 4:30 and 8:30 and 9pm is bed so he just falls asleep at that last feeding.. not sure how to stop that.

how do you not nurse to sleep in the middle of the night? when you have a newbie?? don't you just naturally nurse them in bed for those late 12am or 2am feedings so that you can get some sleep? or do you feed them and keep them up? mine always went back to sleep after those early morning feedings... but aside from that I have never nursed to sleep. During the day, it has always been: wake, feed, play, sleep. repeat.