View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Getting Baby to STTN

Here's what finally worked for us at around 12 months with DD2:

Firstly, she was already in her own room.

Secondly, I got her two important things - a lovey (just a piece of fabric she attached herself to that she stole from my fabric drawer), and a toy that sings bedtime songs. I was trying to get her to attach to something else at night other than me. Any time she would wake up, we would wrap her in her "blanky" and turn on the music.

Then, most importantly, DH was the ONLY one to go into her room. So she would wake up fussy, he would go in, wrap her up, start her music, and sit in the rocking chair with her until she got sleepy. If I wasn't there, she didn't need to nurse and was content with daddy.

At this point, she was already pretty much done nursing during the day, so we were also weaning her from her bedtime nursing session. I changed up her bedtime routine slowly. Our initial routine was change diaper and into PJ's, then do devotions with big sister and pray, then nurse (usually to sleep). So I started nursing with the light on and not turning the light off until she was in bed first. Then we switched it up so she was nursing before devotions and prayer. Then eventually nursed before changing diaper/PJ's, and then eventually dropped the nursing session completely when she weaned at 14 months.