View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
weareborgswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do I do with all these toys!

Not sure of his age, but maybe give him a choice of his top 2-3 favorites of each category?

I try and do this with my girls, and it has helped- having 2 girls who share a lot makes that much harder as they tend to like different things, but I have started putting things aside out of their room, and they really don't miss it.

I am in the same boat at the moment as we have Osthiemer wooden people and blocks, plus Calico Critters, plus Playmobil, plus legos.... all have similar play value and the Osthiemer is the least used (can't stand them up on the carpet well) BUT it is my most favorite heirloom "set". But the others all get played with a ton, but from day to day it changes.

I have convinced them to part with the Little People and Littlest Pet Shops, and am working on the Zhu Zhu pets, My Little Ponys and Barbies- (thanks to family/friends they have an full room UGH!).

If I had my way, we'd have the Ostheimer, Playmobil, and Calico Critters, Legos, and their AG dolls, and the rest would all leave.

We have downsized some of their collections (we have 1/2 the barbies we started with- someone gave them a bucket of over 30 large, and 10 smaller "kids", plus tons of clothing and accessories), just got rid of the Breyer Horses as well (well I put those away- they were mine when I was a kid- and I am going to see if my neices get horse crazy - my girls don't care that much)

We have shared toys with the our church, our friends, our family, as well.

Places we regularly visit- the kids get to see them from time to time this way .
weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote