Thread: Meal ideas.
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I try to plan leftovers to use for extra meals. A roast might be pot roast one night and the leftovers might be roast beef hash the next night. A whole chicken can be roasted chicken the first night, casserole or tacos the next, and chicken soup the third. A pot of chicken soup is generally enough for leftovers for soup too.

I try to keep my budget to $80 a week for our family of four. I keep breakfasts and lunches simple. Breakfast is usually cereal, eggs and toast, or yogurt, fruit and toast. Lunches are leftovers, sandwiches, or simple pasta dishes (DH isn't much of a pasta fan, so I take advantage of lunches with the kids for that). For dinners, I always try to only cook meat a few nights a week as its usually the most expensive part of the meal. When I do cook meat, I try to base my meals off meats already in my freezer, that way I don't have to scramble to figure out meats for dinner while I'm shopping if prices aren't good. Then, while I'm shopping if there are other good deals, I'll buy a couple of things for the freezer to use another week.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote