View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #23
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Re: Not trying to be selfish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

I wasn't trying to be "judgy" or anything - just you mentioned sometimes having to be away from baby. If you were planning to SAH, I was just trying to say you don't really need to plan for bottles at all, just go with the flow of things. Not hard to find bottles if you do need them, kwim?

I haven't got any great suggestions for bottles. Just the suggestion to wait a good 4-6 weeks before introducing bottles - or at least until you and baby have both figured out nursing really well.
Babies are lazy with feeding, and if they get a bottle (easy, instant flow) while they're still figuring out nursing (which takes a lot more work!), they tend to start getting fussy with nursing.
Waiting a while totally makes sense! Thank you I hadn't even really thought about that part...yikes. I guess I knew babies might get lazy about it, but didn't really think about it.

I am hoping to stay at home for a while, but it really is a matter of what we can afford...well, and how quickly I can find a new job. I'm currently working two jobs 5 days a week, one a midnight shift and then a few hours in the afternoon at another job, and I know I will not be able to keep either of them once Baby is here. We just bought our first home last May and it has required a little more work than expected...as houses always seem to do, ugh!
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote