Rdesonia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Stash Game Chatter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Rdesonia: SO, I cut out 26 mama cloths last night (first time making them). I used bumgenius newborn inserts for the inside with a top layer of flannel (I typically use them for my periods so i thought why not!). Then I cut out a microfleece backing layer. My question to you or any of you have BTDT: Do I serge the part of the pad without wings first and then attach it to the backing? I saw a tutorial where the woman serged wingless pads together and then added two snaps on the back (going vertical) that snapped onto the fleece backing (so she'd change her pad, but not necessarily the backing)... have you all done it this way too? If not, how do you get the backing connected to all those layers without having raw edges? I feel so stupid right now, but my brain just can not think about it!
I don't do wings. I just do layers of flannel with nothing else. They are just really simple but work for me. I made them this same way in 2008 and I just wanted to add to my stash. I've seen lots of different patterns and the wings etc since then and decided to just do them exactly as I did before. I wear mostly boyshorts or homemade undies (no elastic and drawstring waist). I have a latex allergy so I can't wear regular elastic. I only wear 100% cotton/natural fiber clothing. So I'm no help.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote