qsefthuko
Queen of Denial
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Should I buy a breadmaker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Have you checked into no knead bread? There are lots of resources online and books available. I have otten much better bread with that method than a bread maker. I have the book Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day and it is great.
For a beginner or even someone with experience but no time or perhaps desire the no kneed breads are great. I have the above mentioned book and love it. I liked it so well I went back and bought 4 more to give to my bread loving friends and family. I love to use the peasant bread recipe and add a wholes clove of garlic when mixing the dough. Then when I set it to rise I brush with olive oil and sprinkle generously with Italian seasoning. I then gently pat to slightly press in the seasonings. Otherwise they really all just blow off. I have baked up the whole batch this way in one day. 2 days later my family of 5 finished the last of it.

They also have a newer book out I am dying to get my hands on. Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day.

I did have a bread machine. When we moved from northern Illinois to southern Illinois I gave it to a neighbor as I didn't like using it. I think I tried it once. Some people love their bread machines so it is really more personal preference.