View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #27
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Talk to me about Vasectomies!!

DH just had his about a month ago. He made it look easy. I came into the room after the procedure and he got up, dressed and walked out like he'd had a routine exam or something. He iced well for a couple of days, then was back at work.

He said the stitches were really bothersome for maybe a week/10 days. He was in his boxers again after just a day or so, though. We were back at "it" in 3 weeks.

I think this is going to majorly open doors to really enjoying ourselves again. There's a lot of pressure associated with being married to a highly fertile woman. It's a curse of it's own kind and I'm so grateful he did it for us.

I can't speak to any long-term lasting effects, but I feel like this is a much safer, more palatable option than me taking hormonal birth control and dealing with the side effects long-term or me undergoing surgery for a questionably reliable procedure or the expense and hassle of any other kind of birth control. NFP is great, but it was making me nuts to abstain when all I wanted to do was do it, kwim?