kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thinking about pulling DS out of public school

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeans30 View Post
Lots of good advice here This is our second year homeschooling our 6 year old. As a former HS kid even I was a little nervous about teaching our kids. It's really not hard. I purchased Bob Jones University Press K5. It's an all inclusive curriculum. I think I found it on eBay for $115. I only bought the workbooks ( not the teachers guide-which was a lot more) It was really easy. It only took about an hour each day. Our son is now in first grade
& is doing great! It takes us 1 1/2-2 hours each day.
You can have your child tested to make sure they are where they should be as far as grade level.
DH family was not familiar (or happy) with our decision, but DH & I felt it was the best for our kids.
As far as socialization, our local library has bi-weekly activites for HS kids, lowes has build & grow workshops (both free). Im sure their are other HS families in your area. Our son is also active in our church & cub scouts.
I absolutely LOVE HS! Best decision we ever made! Our son can learn at his own pace. It's really great to be able to not only teach your kids the ABCs, but also instill your values in them as well
Do lots of research (it is a big commitment) but I have yet to meet a family who regretted HS their child! Good luck
What really bothers me is that my DS goes to school for 8 hours a day, then comes home and has 1 to 1.5 hours worth of homework - every day! I just think it's way too much for a 5 year, personally.