View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #28
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by Mags462
OP I see you are in Oklahoma - have you looked in to Insure Oklahoma? If your DH works for a small employer (les than 99 employees) that offers no insurance and makes under 56K i am pretty sure you qualify.....

Insure Oklahoma

Its a sliding scale that maxes out at $260 per month i believe..... My parents have used this in the past while moving around in their careers. It does NOT cover vision or dental - but it is "Decent" for the price. 1mil lifetime max, $10 co-pays..... its essentially our state medicaid program (Soonercare) for adults/families. Depending on your family size and income your kids may also qualify for Soonercare for free.

As for truly "private" insurance on the Oklahoma market - the best price for coverage i have found for my family of 5 is BC/BS OK.... about $450 per month (inclds dental, not vision)..... we have no pre-existing conditions.
I've looked at insure Oklahoma, but I'm not sure if it will work or not. If he changes jobs, he'll actually be a campus minister working for a non-profit. The last round of interviews is Saturday so hopefully we'll get some information about what the other minister does.
Wife to Jake SAHM to Lydia (Nov '07) and Wilder (July '14)
I sell LuLaRoe Mention DS for 10% off!
steely_cass is offline   Reply With Quote