~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Janine I believe no one was hurt, but it caused a lot of stress for her to gather up as many students as she could and hide for hours. Poor thing .
Up but just snuggling with L. Interested to see what is going on at school today, I had a talk with the other aid about things I have been seeing on the playground, she was going to recommend that they have someone talk to the class and explain about autism to them. Poor things behavior has regressed dramatically, and the other girls don't understand why she acts differently and seem to have made a game out of getting a rise out of her, not understanding how hard it is for her to control her reactions.
It's very hard to "normal" kids to understand but I think they'll get it once they know more about it.

Shannon's only friend has a brother with special needs, I think that's the only reasons why she accepts Shannon's behaviour. Although Shannon is pretty good when medicated...there was a time where she was under medicated and that was rough, her friend dropped her and didn't want to know about her.

Derry's only friend doesn't have any special needs but she does come from a multicultural family (Korean/German...sadly Germans really are very racist and can be horrible to people who are different) and has been subjected to bullying...she knows how hard it is to be a little different. She's very sweet and Derry loves her.

I hope that when the other kids understand better they will find the qualities that they like in your student and be better friends with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Janine everyone was fine physically. Thankfully the threat never materialized. However mentally that would be hard on anyone. Especially someone so young. She said that at the time it was happening she just blocked out everything that was happening outside the room and focused on her students. After it was over and they were released she got in her car and drove to her Mom's school and cried and shook most of the drive.
I'm sorry

I'm really glad that she was able keep it together long enough to keep herself and the kids safe. I cant even imagine how horrible it was.