View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
sigh, I don't know how much more I can handle...

I'm 17 weeks pregnant. Pretty much have been exhausted for whatever reason (waiting to get some blood work done) since I got into the 2nd trimester. I feel like I'm so tired all day long, I wake up fine, but then 2 hours after waking I'm seriously feeling like I'm going to pass out from exhaustion. Half the time I don't even have energy to brush the kids teeth. Come 2:30 when I have to go pick dd up from school I don't even want to get dressed, pretty myself up or anything. I honestly feel like I'm slipping into a dark hole and will never be able to come out. I'm so tired now that I can hardly smile. I barley interact with my children (3yo and 6yo) I find myself yelling more because my temper is so short. To top it off I've had a cold for a week, its one of the nasty ones that seem to linger for 3 weeks (according to the doc). When I'm awake, sometimes it doesn't even feel like I'm really here. It's such a weird feeling. When I'm exercising or something I feel pretty good, but when I'm just relaxing I feel awful. I'm so sick I can barely breath, I get winded easily so the last thing I want to do is exercise.
DH leaves for work at 4:30am and doesn't get home until 6pm. I'm basically on my own to take care of the kids all day, and by the time he gets home at 6, we eat dinner and I'm ready to put the kids to bed by 630-7..which gives them NO time with dh

Are any of these depression symptoms? I had depression as a teen and then suffered PPD after ds was born...both required counseling and meds. Should I be worried? I'm hoping that all of this is just worse because of me being sick, getting up to pee all night long and not getting enough sleep. Should I contact the dr about this feeling that I'm going into a dark hole? I don't know how much more I can possibly take. I'm drowning.

Sorry for the pity party and rant...I could honestly just use some encouragement. I don't have many IRL friends, and the ones I do have just seem to be so busy the last month, which isn't helping me. I feel like no one even wants to talk to me, DH has been being a butt head to me also...I've tried to open up to one friend and express to her how bad I'm feeling and told her that just talking to a girlfriend for 20 minutes a day helps me a lot...shes the kind of person that screens calls and doesn't answer half the time..then when you do connect with her she only talks for a couple mins then is so busy with something she needs to go. I'm busy too, but I always make time for my friends... Help...