View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Help me pick an oven color!

We both loved this house despite it's need for updating and renovation. Our kitchen is a mess of different colors. We have old darker wood cabinets and trim, the door into the mudroom, and our dining table coordinates, I think anyway. We have some ugly grey toned linoleum the previous owner put in, white tile back splash in back of the range and sink. Our counter is very old. It's whiteish with tiny fall colored leaves on it which was probably really neat back in it's day. While we intend to re-do all the counters with something more modern we haven't yet and don't know when we will. B painted the walls an orange-ish color, like coffee house orange, if that makes any sense to you. I found orange/gold colored curtains to hang on the windows and have to mats with that same orange in it as well as a green, red, and light beige color-I love those rugs and want to coordinate the rest of the kitchen decor to them, hah.

The oven and range that were in the house when we bought it were probably as old as the house. They were/are both white. We changed out the range pretty quickly to something stainless steel (I think, I don't really know it was Daddy's pick) but the oven is still there. We need to replace it. Daddy plans to pull out the range he picked because he loved it and replace it ( I told him we should have gotten just a single unit instead of the range, but it was a good price and he loved it.) with an entire new oven/range unit. My question is-what oven color should we get? Our options are black, white, or a silver color.

Our dishwasher is black, our fridge is white (both of those things were in the house when we bought it). Our microwave, toaster oven, and mixer (which I hope to replace in the not too distant future) are white. Our toaster oven and crock pot (which I use every week, sometimes more than once a week so it's on the counter regularly) are black/silver. Obviously it's cheaper to replace smaller appliances, like toaster to coordinate with the rest of the appliances. Our cabinet handles are silver and so are the napkin and paper towel dispenser, the kitchen sink and faucet, etc.

I think black will hide things better but other than that I'm torn. If the fridge was black I'd go with black in a heartbeat but I'm afraid a black oven and white fridge will look funny. B's asked me and I've said I had no idea. We need to buy soon so I need to make up my mind.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote