View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone work out?

I leave the house for work at 6:30am and after picking up DD, I'm home by 5:30pm. Usually, I'm the one who makes dinner. DH takes DD to daycare and gets home from work at 6:30 pm, so it doesn't make sense for him to make dinner, because we wouldn't be eating til well after DD's bedtime. I'm not the kind of person to get up early to do anything, and getting up early to exercise is just out of the question for me. I will exercise late at night, but that's been tough with a nursing toddler who only up until recently would get up 1.5 hours after going to sleep. I also find that I'd rather clean a messy house than exercise in the evening.

Cause I'd rather spend time with DD, I squeeze my exercise in where I can. I do whatever it takes to get my heartrate up. At work, I'll take the stairs up to to the 7th floor. I do lunch time hikes. When DD and I go to the park, instead of sitting on the bench, I'll do some situps, jumping jacks, and pretend to skip rope while DD climbs the jungle gym. Sometimes we just kick a ball and I'll run extra hard around her. I'lll "accidently" kick the ball really far so that I can sprint to go retrieve it. Othertimes, DD is drawing with chalk on the front steps, so I do lunges and skip rope while we hang out.

Last edited by Shimpie; 01-14-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote