View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do I need a pump?

My DD is 2 months old, and we EBF. She's my first baby that I've done so with for any length of time, so this is all new to me. I don't have a pump (well, I have a single manual one, but it doesn't work for anything, I can never get anything out with it), I'm a SAHM and just nurse on demand. I asked about my supply before, I was concerned b/c my DD sleeps a ton, and we never really nursed every 2 hours or anything, but I was always told that if she's growing (she is), my body will adjust according to how much she eats, and we'll be fine. She has slept through the night since she was a week and a half old (probably like 5-6 hour stretches, give or take...I go to bed late and get up early, so this is "through the night" to me). I just read someone else's post about needing to pump through the night when their LO slept all night, and it made me wonder....should I be pumping? And even if not through the night, is there any reason that I should get a pump and be pumping, or will we be fine to just let her nurse when she wants to, and that's it? I do understand that it would be smart to pump and have some frozen just in case I have to go to the hospital or something weird like that, but aside from that reason...? Will I start to dry up before I intend to stop nursing if I am not pumping? She doesn't eat a lot, she'll sleep for long stretches, or maybe she'll go and and take a few sucks just to fall asleep or something, but she mostly is a grazer. Should I make some changes?
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote