View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is a very basic cheesecake, but its super easy to alter. I'll include the gluten free crust I use too.

Crust:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2cups almond flour (or a combination of your favorite GF flours)
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted and lightly ground
1/4 cup sugar

Mix everything together. It should be crumbly, but wet enough to make a ball when squeezed together. Press into a 9 inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350.

Filling:
4 - 8oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
2 tsps vanilla extract (a splash of almond extract is good too)
1/2 cup sugar (I like my cheesecakes not super sweet. You can add up to another 1/2 cup if you want)
2 Tbsp corn starch
4 eggs, room temperature

1. An hour before you want to make your cheesecake, remove anything from the fridge. It will mix much better if its not cold.
2. Start by mixing cream cheese alone to soften it more. Add cream and vanilla. Mix well. Scrape down bowl.
3. Mix in sugar and corn starch. Scrape down bowl and mix again. It's important to have it mixed well before adding the eggs; you don't want to overwork them.
4. Add eggs. Mix quickly but thoroughly.
5. Pour filling mix onto crust. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Check for "jigglyness". It shouldn't ripple much. If it does, reset the timer for 5 more minutes. When its looking set, check the temperature in the middle of the cheesecake. When it hits 155, turn off the oven. Leave the cheesecake inside with the door closed for one hour. Then put the cheesecake on the counter for an hour. Then into the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting.

The whole purpose of cooling it slowly is to minimize cracks. There are other ways to minimize them more, if you're interested. Also, if you want the cheesecake to be a little fluffier, at step 4, just add the yolks. Then whip the whips separately and fold them in.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote