View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Today is my brother's birthday.

I would go for it. I have a half brother who is also 18. I haven't had much contact at all with him for the last few years. There is a lot of tension in our family because of his father. To make a long story short when I was 17 and my brother was 2 I got beat up by his father and I ended up a ward of the state. Fast forward to two years ago and my brother ended up at children's hospital with a blood sugar of over 1000. My mother wouldn't go up there so I did and I ended up staying there with him until 1 in the morning when he fell asleep. That was the last time I saw him. Fast forward to last week when my mom told me that my brother told her that she should tell him when she does stuff with me because he wants to see me too. Then he told her I always was his favorite sibling. I was floored. And it made my day. So I reached out and told him I missed him and wanted to pick him up for lunch. So in an hour and a half I am picking him up. I'm so nervous because we have nothing in common and I have to find that line between being his big sister but not a "grownup" kwim? Like I don't want to go all mama hen on him but I want to be his big cool sis. I am really anxious.

Sorry to totally make it about me but I guess my point is you don't know what kind of impression you've made on him. He might really miss you. I say go for it.