View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
MamaButtercup
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wet Pail/Dry Pail?

I changed my son's diaper yesterday morning and smelled ammonia! I have a sneaking suspicion that it had to do with dehydration (as mentioned in a previous thread...) but have been waging war against the stinkies for a few weeks anyway. I am on top I it now, I think, but am having to use an exorbitant amount of water! 2 pre rinses, wash on hot with 3 Tbs Rockin' Green Hard Rock, (Hard water...) and 3 cold rinses. I tried less soap and the same amount of rinses, and also more soap with only one pre rinse and two rinses, but those were unsuccessful. What I'm doing now works, but... So. much. water.

I am thinking of switching my pail system. I've been doing dry, washing every other day. (The stinkies started when my stash got big enough to go a couple of days...) I am wondering if I could use less water in the washing process if I use a wet pail for the prefolds and inserts? I would still use my wet bag for the pocket shells. I asked someone about this, and she mentioned that she had been warned against wet pails if you had hard water. I need some more input. Anyone with hard water have an educated opinion on this?
MamaButtercup is offline   Reply With Quote