View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your roasted chicken method?

You can put it in the crock pot but you don't get a crispy skin that way. Just ball up to pieces of aluminum foil and place the chicken on top breast side up. Season any way you want and cook it on low about 6 hours. If you don't use the foil you chicken will be in liquid and fall apart when you try to get it out- still good, but if you want something looking like a chicken you have to keep it out of the liquid.

I oven roast mine at 425 for about an hour and 1/2 when I do it. I prefer to do it the crock pot just because it frees my oven, but oven roasted is nice and crispy. I like a maple glaze. The general recipe (adjust for your taste) is 1/4 maple syrup (real maple), 1/4 cup apple juice, 3 tbsp butter, 1 teas cinnamon, pinch of ground cloves. You could add nutmeg or any other apple pie type spice- you could even use apple pie spice mix. Start roasting chicken. Mix glaze ingeds in pan and heat until slightly thickened. In the last 20 mins of roasting baste the chicken. The baste is really good with sweet potatoes and carrots (we roast those a lot) You just pour the baste over the veggies at the same time you do the chicken.