View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: So tired of the screaming/crying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
i have the same thing but I have a 6 yr old. i would not let your child talk like that to you. he is in his learning stage and right now hes disrespecting you. if mine is bad he has to write he will be nice and he sits in his room for about a half an hr each time. he will also get spankings if he doesnt stop it. he gets tv taken away, toys, etc. I have even taken away dinner. hes a very stubborn kid to me and tries to be mean when i am at my rope I yell and say, now I am VERY angry with your attitude. you go to your room and get ready for bed. more times that not, he is tired. my kids need to sleep from 8pm to 7am to be decent.

just dont give in. stay strict in same areas and give praise when good.
I make him write sentences already. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I leave him in his room for about 1-1.5 minutes for every year of age. Leaving him in there for 30 minutes would only result in him falling asleep, which then causes him to not want to sleep at night, which then causes him to be tired the next morning, which then results in the same behavior the next day because he is overtired.

He's showing aggressive, angry behavior. I won't spank for that. It's teaching anger, for being angry.

I won't take away dinner, as I don't punish with food.

They go to bed at 7:30 and read, lights out at 8-8:30. They are up at 6:30am.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote