View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #77
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Re: HS Check in. Dec 31-Jan 13

My son that seems to have the speech delay just turned 5. The evaluation is through early intervention. He is still considered pre-school age until Sept of this year. My older two boys did the same thing he does (drops the first sound off of words) but by 4 1/2 - 5 yo, it had cleared up. With DS3 it just doesn't seem to be getting better. The frustration level (his and ours) has escalated to the point we decided to have him evaluated.
Just before everything closed for Christmas, he was seen by a speech therapist. She agrees that he needs some assistance. She wanted him evaluated by an occupational therapist on the basis that he didn't show hand preference when writing. OT saw him just after New Year's and someone from the special ed dept was supposed to see him at that time as well, but had called out sick that day. That appt is set for the 21st of this month. I just feel like we are getting the run around. I'd like them to decide what they will be doing to start helping him.

Thank you for those who gave me some input. I appreciate it.

It seems we are falling back in to our same old routine. I really hate not being done with our lessons by dinner time. But on the upside....all four did something again today. That's an accomplishment in and of itself.