View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
justsamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need to decompress a little

Take a deep breath!
I have CP. I was born 5 week earlier than your little. I was never, ever supposed to walk or talk, or even eat on my own. This expectation kept being set over & over for my Mom until I was three.
I'm 25, with a full education, taking college classes online, have lived on my own since I was 18, have a full time job, a [almost] wife & we'll be having babies this year.
I was at a 6 month bracket when I was over a year old. I had more therapies than my mom knew how to manage, I had IEPs, I was misdiagnosed SO MANY times, my mom was given so many "she won't...." lectures she thought I was going to need to be shipped off to a care home.

He is still so little, with a brain and body that is playing catch up.
All you can do is the best you can. Be his cheer leader, his coach, his voice. Just because "they" say he can't or won't doesn't make it true.
CP is VERY, VERY tricky. In 25 years of meeting people with CP I have never met any 2 people with the same limitations. They can tell you what they *THINK* his future looks like based on what they have seen before, but that doesn't mean it is written in stone for him.
Keep your chin up mama. He loves you & I promise you that no matter what happens in his life he will always love & appreciate everything you do.
justsamma is offline   Reply With Quote