Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
iris0110's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: N TX
Posts: 15,073
My Mood:
Re: Frustrated

ECI or ITIP or whatever they call it where you are cannot diagnos your child. They can give you generalizations based on what they see while interacting with your child and what you tell them about how your child behaves with you. If you are concerned about your child being ASD or needing another diagnosis you would need to seek the help of a psychiatrist or developmental pediatrician. I was very happy with the support my son received with ECI but not all programs are the same. The benefits we received from the school when he aged out were not nearly as good. I would encourage you to begin the process of having him medically assessed if you feel there is something else going on as he will probably need more than whatever the schools are going to be able to provide and it is the only way you are going to get the answers you are looking for.
ShannonInk'd, Atheist, Liberal, Part Time Large Equipment Mechanic, HS-ing, Mum to ASD Ninja Kearnan (8-4-01) & Derby Boy Tharen (12-1-05)
Always remembering Arawyn Born Silently (12-21-03)
Crocheted longies/shorties, toys and more see samples Arawyn's Garden Crochet
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote