View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #79
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Re: HS Check in. Dec 31-Jan 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Lyn--that's awesome that EI program where you are at goes that old--they have really good services if you get a good therapist. Here it only goes to age 3, and they will not evaluate any kids after age 2.5. You have to go through the school district or go private at that point. It probably will mostly be games but they can have a huge impact on development, and the therapists will be able to teach you a lot that you can use to help him. I hope you get the help you need soon! It's frustrating when you can't get the services you need. My daughter was supposed to be in occupational therapy since age 2....she's now a bit over 3 and I could count the appointments she's had on one hand. It stinks. Hopefully once they get the eval done they will get on the ball and your son will improve quickly.
He will age out of EI in Sept and then we will have to go through the school district (or private~which won't happen as we have NO $$ as it is). That is why I want this to get moving along. I am hoping that we won't have to bother with the school district at all. I really liked the ST we saw. I DID NOT like the OT. She was annoyed that he could not use scissors properly. All the while I am thinking in my head...what the heck does this have to do with speech therapy? OK I get it, he can't use the scissors, I can work on that (all this week he's been using scissors JUST FINE!) I just want him speaking clearer.