View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: So tired of the screaming/crying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
yoohoo, hotdogs and chocolate milk arent all that healthy and he may be reacting to that alone. kids can have some major reactions to junk food. even food coloring.

also there is no way this child is learning his lesson is 5 minutes of time out. hes continuing to do it you say, so he needs more time in there. and if he falls asleep, hes tired or bored. does he have work books or projects to keep his mind busy? legos? blocks?
you will do what you wish but if you are asking for help, just let all this sink in so you can see there are lots of options. it just sounds like you are letting him get away with alot and he knows he can run all over you so its a vicious circle.
I don't have the money to send them to school with lunch. Chocolate milk and regular milk are his only options at school, and he had regular milk for breakfast.

He's obviously not learning his lesson in 5 minutes, but if I am consistent, he will. Even if it's 2 minutes. If he learns, "Man, if I do this, I have to go BACK to my room!" Then maybe he will get to the point where he won't do it. I just have to be consistent, which is what I've been doing.

He has plenty of things to keep him busy, but I am not going to let him do them while he's in his room, in timeout. He's in there for a reason, to think about what he did, not to play.

I don't see how I am letting him get away with a lot, when I am punishing him for MOST of what he is doing. My frustration is that even WITH everything that I am doing, he's not learning. I am starting to think that it's something more than him just wanting to act out... O.D.D. sounds like it might be an issue, per a friend with a child that has it. It also could be frustration due to a new baby coming. It could also be that he's tired. There's more to it than just "I want to misbehave." I'm trying to figure out what that something is.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote