View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Should I try and get my kids chicken pox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
I wouldn't do it right now. I've heard the flu is so bad that the hospitals don't even have room...so, if your kids have chicken pox and it's worse than what you expected, I think you could be in for a long difficult winter. It will lower their immunity for the whole winter. I'd consider it in spring, but not the beginning of cold and flu season.
I comportent agree with this. When my oldest was in kindergarten, she was exposed over Christmas break. My nephew had it but my sister didn't know because his pox didn't show up until 1/2 that year. My daughter' pox showed up the day after she started back to school.

Almost immediately after she was recovered, she caught a throat infection. And then a week after she was over that, another one. By April of that year, she had had like 5 or 6 of them. Her tonsils were so swollen they were touching because they didn't have time to shrink back between infections. By August and another 2 or 3 more infections later, my oldest was having her tonsils removed.

Now, there's no way to say that getting c-pox in the middle of winte caused all of that. But I don't think that she would have had the issues if she hadn't caught it then.

Besides, I think it's wrong to intentially try to make a kid sick.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote