View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #44
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How mainstream is cloth in your area?

The town we just moved from had a population of 600. Cloth diapering was about 50/50, it would be a 25 min drive to buy disposables from there. We moved to a bigger town, nobody cloth diapers, the detroit craigslist has like 30 cloth diaper listings, and the ann arbor cl has like 35 listings. Neither are really close to us but detroit covers a much much bigger area than ann arbor so i would say it is more popular there. I know of 4 stores that sell a selection of cloth diapers within an hour drive of us. Up north in traverse city where i lived most of my life(4 hrs away) they have 2 cloth diapering stores that i LOVE but there NOBODY cloth diapers. However, (statewide) many many people breastfeed so i dont see that as "crunchy", also line drying isnt popular but our weather is unpredictable. Michigan has 12% of our jobs in agriculture so im not sure if you include that in the mix too. There are farms everywhere, corn, cherries, apples, tomatoes, etc. Traverse city isthe cherry capital of the world, fun fact