View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #39
diymotherhood
Registered Users

Re: any EBF mommas NOT wait?

This is a great topic. I have a little guy who is almost three months old and this time around I was wondering how long I could possibly wait until introducing solids. I mean nutritionally breast milk takes care of it all, so why would I do I solids? Why do we not wait until our babies have enough teeth and stuff. Mashing up food or buying baby food is a lot of work and breast milk seems to be the easier solution.

That said, my other two kids had solids at about 6 months and I vividly remember my oldest loving the sippy cup of water that she got to hold all by herself. Most of it landed nowhere near her mouth but she had fun.

I guess I will just wait and see what my baby wants this time. The other two never were interested in food, but were sitting up decently when I introduced solids. So I probably could have waited with both.

Let's make it a contest the other way round: Who can wait the longest instead of who gets to eat solids first. ;-) Just kidding, but the pressure is definitely there. I even read in one baby book that if you wait too much longer past six months you will have trouble introducing foods. That makes no sense to me. Why would that be? Babies will want to imitate everyone and figure out the eating thing eventually.

Anyway, good luck to you!

Anita Evensen
diymotherhood is offline   Reply With Quote