View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trying to get started

I agree that at around 6 months when they sit it makes a lot of since. I started at 9m so not too much help I just wanted to let you know that you can start out by just offering the potty at diaper changes, especially if you ever get a dry one. Maybe try to change more frequently to catch one. Generally they recommend doing naked time, lay baby on a prefold and watch for signals, remember to make your signal sound if you see them pee/poop.

Oh when using the potty bowl or sink with a little boy I've heard that people learn to aim for him with a finger.

I wanted to EC from birth but just didn't; no real excuse but maybe overwhelmed. I kinda forgot about it-ish and then around nine months I got excited again. If we get to have another child I will give it a stronger try at birth or close to it. But the latest start would be when baby can sit!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here and here.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote