View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS is going to the urologist for dribble problem. What should I expect?

DS is 4 and has a dribble issue. He has wet underwear a majority of the time. We first though he had a UTI but nope. We have tried having him go every hour, but he still dribbles. It's inconsistent, doesn't happen all day or every day, but there are times when he will dribble every half hour for a few hours. Yesterday he was naked on the bottom and kept saying, "mommy, some pee came out." Then running to the bathroom to pee. Then 30 minutes later I would hear the same thing, or he would have to pee again. It's very strange. Our FNP wants him to see a urologist because she is concerned there may be "a mechanical issue."

Has anyone been through this? DS is generally a very healthy boy, he's rarely been to the doctor for anything more than a well-child visit. What sort of mechanical issue can this be, and how will they test for it? I'm concerned that it's going to be invasive and traumatizing. Just wondering what to expect. TIA!
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote