View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #62
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: So tired of the screaming/crying!

Their behavior got better through the day. I didn't have any problems with my 11 year old this afternoon. DS2 (5) got put in timeout at around 4:30, and not again until about 8. So, the times in which he was being punished got lengthier and lengthier in between. He's picking it up, slowly but surely. This is a learning thing for both of us. It's somewhat new behavior for him. Timeout, sending him to his room, and sentences is what I did today. I would tell him to do something, if he chose not to do it, he got punished. If it was something small, I would ask him to think about what he just did, and if he thought it was a good idea, he'd say no, and I'd tell him to not do it again please. Then it got dropped. I've been more consistent, which I think plays a big role in it. But I also think that he is learning that's not going to get him anywhere. He also got 10 1/2 hours of sleep lastnight, so I think that helped. Looks like bedtime will be at 7pm tomorrow night, in preparation for school Monday.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote