View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: s/o Why do you want your kids to have CP

It's a fairly benign illness. I had it and survived, my diabetic husband had it and made it through just fine.

I was in 7th grade (so almost 13) when I got it. I itched for a week and that was that...worst part of the ordeal was I spotted up on Dec 26...I didn't get to miss a single day of school. No fair at all. My brother didn't get sick until Dec 31 and he got to miss 4 or 5 days of school.

My mom tried for YEARS to expose my brother and I to CP...in fact 3 or 4 months before I got it my mom tried to get me the vaccine (it was brand new then) since I was 'so old' the doctor wouldn't do it, something about complications in teenagers. Said if I'd been exposed to it as many times as I had (slept over with 2 sets of cousins, my best friend, my mom's friend's kids, and a neighbor) and hadn't come down with it I was probably naturally immune....3 months later a kid in my science class was gone for a week right before Christmas with Chicken pox...and poof I get it...we were the only 2 kids in the whole school who hadn't already had it lol
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)

Last edited by MamaNae; 01-13-2013 at 04:07 PM.
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote