View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Induction methods need some positive stories

I was induced with my last baby. He was 38w4d and I was 3cm. It was super super easy, the longest part was waiting to get my pit ( no joke). I was there at 5am, in room by 6 and then sat around waiting for the OB. Got my pitocin around 10ish and DS2 was born around 12:30-labor was only around 2 1/2 hrs. He was posterior and I had to work him around or else I bet it would have been faster. It was unmedicated and I will say that the contractions were harder but my nurse turned it off when I started getting pushy ( I would rather have had it turned off before that).

I refused- REFUSED- to have them break my water. I had it done with DS1 and that birth wasn't the best. I know that I need that cushion of the bag of waters. That was a very weird thing about my DS2 birth, how crazy they were about breaking my water, like I was abnormal I would just ask them 'If my water is broken what happens?' Their answer' you have to stay in bed' Me: ' well heck no, leave me alone' Being able to move was the best thing for me.
Mama to my sweet babies 2007, 2009, 2011 and someone new in 2014
MinkaK is offline   Reply With Quote