View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
Katie Mae
Registered Users
seller

Re: With your VBAC labor, when did you call your MW/OB?

I started having contractions in the middle of the night about 5 min apart, but didn't want to wake our 14 month old daughter, so we waited until about 8 in the morning to take her to Grandma and Grandpas and then went to the hospital. I'd been having the contractions regularly, all night 5 min apart. (Some were closer, but mostly that is what they were.) We went in because I was a little freaked out about having a VBAC, even though I really wanted it, and I wanted to be monitored. Well, my contractions tapered off between 9 and 10 and were basically non existent. So they gave me pitocin around 5 or so. Which forced me to have an epidural (I couldn't handle the contractions after that) and I was able to finish dilating and have my VBAC at 8pm. Now that we are pregnant again, I'm determined to wait longer to go in, I would prefer to not have to have pitocin again. But I also recognize my "ideal" (like no epidural) may not fit my reality, and since I will be attempting a second VBAC, will also be cautious.