View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh Lord, it's like razor blades!!! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I had thrush that wouldn't go away until I used Monistat 1 on it. I did it over night so baby wouldn't get it, and it fixes it overnight.

So sorry you're dealing with this.
I wondered about this too. I was told this years ago when a friend of mine had thrush. Need to reinvestigate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleysmom1207 View Post
This sounds exactly like what we've been going through! The pain is terrible. My doctor recommended OTC antifungals (clotrimazole or monostat). After each feeding I do a vinegar rinse, blow dry, and apply antifungal to my nipples. I'm not sure if it's getting better or not. Sounds like the gentian violet is working for you. Maybe i should try that next. I'm not even convinced I'm dealing with thrush in the first place. I feel your pain. Literally
I am in the same boat still! It has been a month. If I don't nurse her for a long period it feels great but after nursing her 2 times on that side it is on fire again. It is getting old. The Nystatin obviously isn't strong enough. I am just thankful that she still is showing NO signs of thrush. Which of course makes me wonder if it is thrush. Baby shows no signs and I only have pain in 1 nipple. UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeast View Post
I hear ya, not convinced either, until I tried the gv. I started having some pain again last night, though. It's far more bearable. It really stinks though. I did the one day Diflucan, wondering if I need to just ask for a more aggressive treatment of it.
What do you think you will ask for to treat? Hope for relief for all of us soon!!!
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote