View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Actual reasons for induction UPDATE OP

UPDATE:
Colin Lawrence was born on Wed Janurary 30th at 2:35am after 4.5 hours of augmented labor. I was in early labor when I went in for pain control. Unfortunately, the pain got so much worse during each contraction I had (was 4, then went to 8). I could not breathe through the contraction and not breathe through the pain at the same time. I ended up getting an epidural at 9pm. Even though I was contracting every 2-3 mins, and GOOD contractions, I was not dilating. I said yes to Pitocin at 10pm. I woke up at 2am because I thought my epi wore off because the pain was back so bad (9/10 with each contraction). I was complete and pushing. He was born 35mins later when DH and DD got there.

Besides the main reasons for induction (Pre-E and others) are there other reasons that a woman should/could be induced?

I was supposed to be induced with DD because of how much pain I was in with my kidney stones but I went into labor before the induction date. DD also had IUGR and stopped growing after 35 weeks.

Now pregnant with #3 and having the same kidney stone issues but a little bit different pain. With DD, the pain was controlled until 2 severe attacks at 36 & 37 weeks. With this one, my pain has not been controlled well. Between having an ER accuse me of being a drug addict and trying to find a working pain medicine that would work around my health issues, it took awhile to find something that worked.

I am now at 35w3d and my OB is ok with inducing me at 38 weeks (he agrees with my reasons) because of my pain and not wanting the baby to have to be exposed to the narcotics for too long. Now my main reasons for waiting to be induced are sort of silly. #1 was I didn't want the baby to share my birth month. #2 I didn't want the baby to share the same b-day as my mom (25th), my dad (27th), my sister (29th) or my MIL (30th). But now that I am getting bigger, my pain is making me rethink my induction date choice (2/1- 38 weeks).

So I know it is a bit unorthodox to ask, but would you induce if you did not go into labor by a certain date? This is NOT a normal pregnancy and hasn't been since the day I hit the 2nd trimester. And every day that baby stays in is another day that we are both are narcotics. The day I deliver is the day we both start the weaning process to get off the narcotics. I am such on the fence on whether or not to tell my OB to start checking the lungs on next Monday. And another bit of info. I am VERY VERY VERY anti-medicalized birth. I am all about drug-free, natural, no medical intervention, (wish I could home birth), midwife assisted births. But I got handed a very high-risk pregnancy for #3 and so I had to have all the possible technologies that a woman can have during a pregnancy.

Last edited by kaylabelle05; 02-03-2013 at 07:28 AM.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote