View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
croark
Registered Users
seller

Re: HS Check in. Jan 14-Jan 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
We use writing strands starting in third grade with book 2. Book 3 is self guided and really cute. My DD likes it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
I keep reading alot of mixed reviews about it. Seems like it's a love it or hate it program. Level 3 is what we need to get it if I go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I never write on this thread but DS did something funny yesterday in an attempt to get out of school (which it actually worked so maybe it was a good idea). I had given him a bit of a break in the middle of math (bad choice but that is mommy's fault.. well actually I got a call that I needed to take, you know how it is). I told him to come back to finish the lesson and he didn't like that idea. So being the 4 year old that he is, he decided to throw his plastic stool to show his frustration. Well this time God smiled on me and the stool bounced back at him and hit him square in the nose! So with a bloody nose and all he came to me screaming. He is fine and the nose isn't broken but I think he learned that he shouldn't throw things inside the house. We have had a big problem with this in the past and I think with this one tantrum we might have solved it!
Sometimes natural consequences is better than anything we could come up with ourselves!

I'm stalling bad this morning! It's almost 11:00am and we haven't even started. It's COLD and icy here in Louisiana so we've been huddling by the fireplace and chatting. It's been nice. But now it's time to crack the whip.