View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
How Long Are Your OB Visits?

This is baby #4 and I am SO OVER OB visits. I used this office for baby #3 too, but was at a different practice in a different city with my first two. I waited until 13 weeks to go in for my first visit and I wish I had waited even longer. Of the three office visits I've had (not counting the early glucola test I had to take - bleh) the shortest one was an hour and a half and the longest was over 2 hours. 90% of the time is spent waiting. Heaven forbid I express any frustration, I get half-*** apologies and "We've had some really sick people today." Seriously, I'm not even a jerk about it, even though I'd like to be, I just want a heads up if I'm going to have a long wait time, maybe even the option to reschedule. Unfortunately I'd have to drive over 45 minutes to go to a different doctors office and, for insurance purposes, almost all the OB offices are group practices, so I doubt it would be any different. That is the downside of small town living, not a lot of choices.

So vent with me or sing your OB or Midwife praises. Let me know I'm not alone and tell me that the perfect practice exists somewhere.
Loving wife to Erik - the man who drives me wild and drives me crazy .
Mother to Amelia (12.06), Charlotte (11.08), Clark (3.11), and Tabitha (6.13).
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote