ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Solids and bfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99 View Post
I started offering solids at 7 months before bed, and gradually we got up to 3 meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner and also one right before bed, by about a year. DD still nursed in the morning, at every nap, before bed, and through the night. We started adding mid day snacks about the time when she stopped naping as much and was asking for them. She's now 15 months and is showing signs of weaning, she has one nap a day and I would be happy to nurse her in the morning, at nap time and before bed, but she just doesn't want it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I nurse on demand and the kids eat when we eat. So sometimes my kids would nurse and then eat solids. Othertimes they would sit down to eat and then want to top it off with nursing. Sometimes they would want to nurse, eat, and then nurse again. My son is 19 months old and still does this.

I've never really thought about how we did it. It was just whatever worked for us. I don't think their is a right or a wrong way to do it. Just personal preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I nurse on demand at 9 months and feed solids at dinner with introducing lunch this week. I do not plan to wean till he is ready, food or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
I'm letting DD self wean. Before 1 year, I have never specifically offered solids before or after nursing... we just nursed on demand and she was offered solids whenever I was eating. Whether those meal times happened to be before or just after a nursing, it didn't matter, she sat on my lap or in her high chair and was offered food. But then again she wasn't really a huge fan of solids so it was never an issue of her filling up on solids before getting the nutrition of breast milk.

Once she was around 15-18 months, I started to offer her a snack during the day when she wanted to nurse. We still do this at 20 months. If she turns down the snack, we nurse.
Perfect info, thanks!