Thread: Big Victory!
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Victory!

I TOTALLY know how you feel. When we brought our brain injured baby FD home at 9 months old, she had been being fed by and NG tube for 2.5 months. She had lost the ability to suck. She was also starting from scratch physically. When we got her she was at about a 4-5 month level. She was booked for a G-tube insertion 4 months after coming home with us. It was my MISSION to get her taking a bottle. I spent a LOT of time and energy and different kind of bottles. I bought a super sensitive digital kitchen scale so I could weigh the bottle before and after a "feed." At first it was 3 ml, then 5 ml the next day. Then a big jump to 23 ml. Then about a week later she took 80ml!!! I'll never forget that day. After about 3 weeks I had her taking enough formula that her doctor (in disbelief) pulled her NG tube!!!! We have now had her for 9 months and she is doing great!! She's not the super "bubba head" my son is (seriously, the kid would never eat solids if I didn't make him!LOL) but she is a normal eating, drinking baby now!

Way to go Ledger!!!!!

Ps: My DS is 2 and 38 lbs and still rear facing
Another PS: Watch yourself for getting TOO absorbed in the amount L takes orally and how soon. He will likely have ups and downs in the beginning. I kind of took it personally and would get quite frustrated when baby FD would have a "bad feeding day." I felt like she was slipping backwards, but I think now that her body was just resting and processing. Keep us updated

Last edited by NSB; 01-15-2013 at 10:42 PM.
NSB is offline   Reply With Quote