View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by klevmomma
Sounds like condom failure to me. They are what, 98% effective when used perfectly? That means 2% (or whatever the actual rate is) of the time they aren't, kwim?

If you weren't tracking ovulation, then it certainly is possible that you ovulated a little early. But, first of all, I think it is pretty rare to ovulate before CD12. For you that would have been 12/27. In theory, if you DTD on 12/22 with no protection and o'd on 12/27, that could have done it. I'm not saying it's impossible, but that doesn't seem especially likely to me.

If you go the other direction, your first day without protection was 1/7. With a + on 1/14, that's only 7 dpo with that o date. So you would have had to o on cd24 and gotten a very early +. So, I don't think that is especially likely either, though again not impossible.

In the end, you'll never really know since you weren't charting an exact o day. But, imo, you were definitely being safe, and safe isn't 100% effective (unless by safe one means abstinent of course, lol). It's just one of the amazing mysteries / miracles of life, imo :-)
This was my line of thinking too. I thought we were being overly cautious and only dtd unprotected the week after and before my period
Jamie wifey to my best friend Brandon ('05) and WOHM to DD Lana ('08) and Logan ('10) Laykin (9/18/13)
Lanasmom is offline   Reply With Quote