View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
debsch
Registered Users

4month boy night time peeing issues

Hello all!
I've p/t ECed with my 4 month old boy for a few months now. He pees & poos in the toilet when he wakes up in the morning most days and occasionally I can get my act together to help him pee & poo after naps as well.

We also co-sleep. Recently he's been fussy at night. He will toss and turn and grumble but not fully wake up, because he doesn't want to, and if he does wake up at this time then he cries. If he wakes up without crying then he's ready to wake up. (Learnt that one about a month ago - so cute to see in the mornings!) (Sorry for rambling...)

So he tosses and turns and I find that his nappy (huggies - only at night) is practically DRY - it's like he's desperate to pee, but doesn't want to wake up to pee, and doesn't want to pee in his nappy. I tried the other night to take him to the toilet but he grumbled even more. What I end up doing is changing his DRY nappy and he pees in the new one straight away because the changing woke him up or he'll wake up crying then stop after he's peed.

(FORGOT to add, that up until a few nights ago we were down to using just one nappy per night (usually 7pm-7am-ish), with 2 or 3 sleepy feeds during the night, and a HUGE pee in the toilet in the morning upon waking.)

I just wish he would PEE and not fuss about it.

Any suggestions?

And has this got anything to do with the "4 month sleep regression" that I've heard about?

Last edited by debsch; 01-16-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: added the bit i forgot
debsch is offline   Reply With Quote