View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Re: for those w miscarriage after 7 weeks

I lost my baby at 8 weeks but didn't have any cramping or spotting until 11w5d, so I had no idea this happened. I had symptoms up until about 10 weeks (and maybe a few days), though I never had real strong symptoms (which should have tipped me off earlier). I hardly bled at all after the spotting started but had horrible lower back pain (due to contractions) and ended up needing a D&C about 4 days after this all started. I never had an early u/s done and now wish I had so I would have found out sooner. My first u/s was at the hospital in emergency due to the horrible pain and the fact that I was pretty sure I was miscarrying.

I hope this is not the case for you! I've heard that early on, before 8 weeks, it is sometimes difficult to find a HB on an u/s. Hopefully that is just the case and that the bleeding stays away and the symptoms remain. Plus most women I know have not been able to find the HB with a doppler until around 12w. Sending