View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding Supplies ~ Recommendations Please!!!

I definitely needed lanolin in the beginning and didn't start pumping until 8 weeks. I also needed breast pads and nursed on both sides per feeding (45 min every hour and a half during the day). Be prepared to spend the better part of the day sitting and nursing the first few weeks haha! I have a My Breast Friend pillow (you'll need to layer a pillow under it when the baby is tiny) and its so much better than the Boppy I would also go as late in your pregnancy as possible and get 2 nursing bras to try. These things are nice to have and I would've been pretty uncomfortable without them. An LC contact is a great resource and you can usually have one visit your room before you leave the hospital (if you deliver there). Oh, and the BEST thing I had when starting out were breast pads that you could refrigerate or microwave to soothe sore boobs. Absolute HEAVEN! There are many different brands but I like the giant ones that have silicone beads inside, they conform to the breast the best