waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The spanking debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
LOL is this a serious response??? It's so sarcastic, I actually can't tell if you are trying to be helpful.

I actually don't care what any "expert" on anything says. Truly.

I've had dogs and raised and trained them my whole life. Never had an issue, and never needed (or cared) to read a book on it.

I also don't think animals are equal to humans, so I don't care what people think is ok for animals, and how that compares to what is socially acceptable for raising kids.

Let's not forget we have crazy stories about dolphins getting fake tails so they can survive while poor PEOPLE die all the time b/c they can't afford necessary life saving treatments. THAT is sad. I'd rather shoot the dolphin, and save the human.

It's pretty clear that people have their priorities severely mixed up when it comes to animals vs. humans. So the comparison does nothing for me.
I find that very sad. Don't get me wrong, I would donate to a charity to support starving children over animals any day of the week, but I don't think humans are above anything in existance...not animals or rocks or water or stars. We are all simply existing and experiencing that existance.

"We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals... In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth."

Henry Beston
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused

Last edited by waterisntsomething; 01-16-2013 at 11:49 PM.
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote