View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #16
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you consider yourself to be "minimalist"...is there anything you do stockpile?

We buy a lot in bulk as well and I don't see that changing because we do it to save money and it doesn't affect us negatively. I wouldn't necessarily call it stockpiling though because it's not really stored for long periods of time. We don't buy large quantities of things we won't use quickly. I guess I also "stockpile" clothing . I shop ahead for my kids so I have bins of things full of future seasons clothing. Right now all of my kids (even #4 who is still in utero) are mostly clothed through next winter. That might drive some true minimalists crazy because I do have a lot of things stored, but it's manageable for me right now and I have plenty of room to store it so it's not a big deal. It saves me a ton of money and stress. DH's income is not steady so often times when the weather changes and the kids would need new clothing, we don't have the extra money to purchase it on hand without digging into our small savings or using a credit card.