Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #22
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: How to try to avoid ppd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
I get it. I didn't want to see a counselor either but all the natural things I tried weren't helping and I did not want antidepressants. My husband found a biblical counselor and while she hasn't dealt with ppd specifically she's been a tremendous help. I didn't want to stop breast feeding either but depression combined with weight loss it was the best decision I could make at the time. I think I had really low estrogen and weaning helped it come back to a more normal level. But try getting a dr to check your hormones while you're nursing...

My fried had ppd with her first son and not her daughters (daughter, son, daughter, son). Not sure how she's doing after her second son. I do think the different hormones play a part.
I appreciate your insight.

I hope you don't think for a second that I was attacking you for doing what you needed to do! If it seemed that way, please know that is not how it was intended at all! We all have to do whatever is necessary for us to be the best moms we can be. I would never fault a mom for doing what she felt she needed to do.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote