View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: Would you give up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
My son does this. He is in therapy with a RAD diagnosis plus ODD. Definitely get him on with a psychologist. My experience with masters level therapists has not been nearly as good as PhD level psychologists. You are going to need some help to deal with this mama, but it does get better. Our son is a scratcher, and he makes the girls bleed. We also had to move his seat in the car away from everyone. He can't ride 3 across in DHs car. We have to trade cars so he can be in my van. Once it was so bad that DH had to zip tie his wrists together to keep DD safe from him. That was the last time he rode next to any other kid in a car.
I just don't know that we have it in us to keep going. It is not like there is a long term relationship here we just took this child in a little over a week ago. You can yell at him, put him in time out, make him go to his room and that is pretty much it. None of those things get through to him. He never shows any emotion about the things he has done. He never cares that we are mad. He just stares at me blankly no matter what the punishment or what I say.

I am crying as I write this because I just feel like I have been an epic failure. I don't really think we are going to continue the relationship. DH has had it and I am completely at a loss. I just can't let my child be the victim .....