View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Party Ettiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmsMom View Post
So today was ds's bday party. One of his friends showed up but didn't want to stay. Both his parents tried convincing him but no dice. So after about 20 min in the foyer of the venue they left. Should I have sent their present with them? I feel bad they had to buy a gift and not get to at least enjoy the party! This is not an isolated event btw, their son often doesn't want them to leave him at school, friends houses etc so I suppose they must expect it to some degree. DS opened the gift before I even realized it was from the child that left. Should I do or say anything? I'll be sending his goody bag to school on Monday.
We have had some incredibly withdrawn friends in the past; thank goodness they have grown out of it. I would have a chat with one of the parents and say you are concerned. You could ask them if there is anything you can do to help for future events. Would it help if one of the parents could stay?

I think expressing your concern and regret that the kid didn't stay and thanking him for the gift is appropriate. Very sweet of you to send the goody bag, too.